As I sit down to write this blog, I’m
filled with hesitation and fear because I’ve got nothin’ to say. I checked out everyone else’s blog,
WOW! I don’t think I can follow
that. I got away with forgetting to
submit my blog last time, but not this time. This time, I’ve got a deadline! What do I write about, it’s not like I don’t
have a lot going on in my life. Got a
new job, my best friend is getting married; God is taking me to a different
level of faith in Him. Actually, I think I’m at the most peaceful
time of my life. As I lean back in my
chair and my roommate calls me a big procrastinator (she’s right by the way), I
start asking the Lord, “What do I write about”? He immediately says, “why do
you compare yourself to others, I made you to be you and not someone else.”
As I take note of that statement, I
remember when I first met Jesus. I was a
single mom with a 2 year old, having no idea how to raise a child, especially
by myself! Oh, I had a friend that was
helping at the time, but when Jesus and I got together . . . well, things
change when Jesus comes in to live in you.
I remember crying out to God, scared I could not be mother and father to
my son. God gently and lovingly said to me, “you were not created to be his dad;
I created you to be his mom.” By that
simple statement I was set free to raise my son, without the bondage of trying
to be two different people to him. As he
grew . . . I grew in the Lord, and when I didn’t know what to do, I called out
to Jesus and He always answered. So, as I write this, I see, I’ve written
almost ½ a page. Not bad!
I have served the Lord for about 28 years
now and still find myself, looking at others and thinking “Wow, wish I could do
that.” But, as my Lord takes me to the
next level with Him, I am beginning to accept ME, just the way I am. I’m coming to the understanding that He
created me to be me, and I’ve spent too many years trying to be what someone
else wanted me to be. So much so, that I
am just now, at 57, becoming comfortable with me. In His Word, Mark 12:28-31,
Jesus is asked which commandment is most important, His response, Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and with
all your mind and with your strength and the second, like it, you shall love
your neighbor as yourself. I’ve done a lot of things for people in the
name of love, yet, I didn’t really love myself.
If I didn’t love me, how could I love them, much less my neighbors, my
friends, and my family? Okay and I won’t
even get into the whole, “love your enemy and pray for them,” that’s a whole other sermon there! As I come
into my own, by that I mean, the “my own” that God has made me to be, I think I
might really like ME.
No comments:
Post a Comment