Friday, December 20, 2013

Hope

by Jessica Grimbleby

Christmas always brings out the feeling of hope in me. When I think about what was going on in the world when Jesus was born, I imagine the hope that people felt just knowing the savior had come. Sure he had yet to die for them (and us), but it is like a light at the end of a tunnel. THE SAVIOR HAS COME! 

This hope is still such a beautiful and amazing thing. Even though I wasn't around when the original Christmas happened, I still feel a renewed sense of hope (and joy) each Christmas season. It's a beautiful thing to think about, the gift that is Christ Jesus. So often I think we get caught up in everything else and forget to remember what Christmas truly is about. That baby laying in a manger, born through miraculous circumstances, means so much more than hope. He truly is our everything. He is my hope, my joy, my peace, my comforter, my savior. 

I never tire of the renewed sense of hope I feel every year when I get to celebrate my savior's birth. 

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called wonderful, counselor, mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jessica, Hope is exactly what our world needs to hear! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete