Monday, February 24, 2014

I Love Music

by Ev Horne



I love music.  I love all kinds of music, except for opera, maybe.  Do you like music? I pretty much stick to Christian music nowadays.  It’s uplifting and encourages me.  Sometimes, it brings me to my knees in worship of the One who saved me. It speaks freedom to my soul, declaring I’ve been redeemed.  Some songs bring me to a place where I’m asking my Lord to empty me, so I can be filled by Him.   Sometimes, when I sing all by myself, I can feel His presence with me, in fellowship, encouraging me to continue on just the way I am, that He has everything under control.  

I love the fact that sometimes I get a song stuck in my head and I just can’t stop singing it.  Music reminds me I’m fallible, but my God loves me anyway and that all He wants is my heart.  I’m encouraged to not give up the fight and that I am an overcomer.  It encourages me to reach out to someone who is hurting, and reminds me that I am the hands and feet of Jesus.   It tells me there are times when it’s okay to falls on my knees and worship Him, because I am in need of His strength to continue on.  

Music speaks life to me and encourages me to speak life to others.  To hold a hand, hug someone and encourage others. That I do not walk in this life alone and neither do others.  I’m encouraged to share myself with others.   I guess this is pretty much where I am right now.  I listen to the words of the songs and take something from them and keep it for me and many times, I share it with others.  Most folks don’t get it and I’m okay with that.  I kinda feel bad for them, because they are really missing out.  But, I'm just a seed planter, or the water girl, or maybe the weed puller, whatever He wants me to be to the person I’m standing in front of at the moment.  He uses music to move me there.  Try it, you’ll like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment