Monday, March 3, 2014

The Joy of the Lord

by Dianne Sackrider



As I was driving to work today, I was marveling at what a beautiful morning it was.  The sun was shining, the citrus trees were blooming and sharing their fragrances and the birds were singing loud and clear.  I began to think about the goodness of God and my heart was overwhelmed with joy.  It brought me back to the scripture in Isaiah 55:12,

"So you'll go out in joy, you'll be led into a whole and complete life. The mountains and hills will lead the parade, bursting with song. All the trees of the forest will join in the procession, exuberant with applause."

Dwelling on the goodness of God is what gets us through the good times and the bad times. When I'm feeling insecure or unappreciated, I just have to think about what God has done for me. When I think about where I used to be and recognize that I'm not there anymore, I begin to smile. When I begin to smile, my attitude changes and I am once again able to walk in the joy of the Lord. Let's not get so wrapped up in the mundane that we can't recognize the goodness of God. Stop and smell the roses. Enjoy the scenery and let the praise of your mouth and the meditation of your heart be pleasing to the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment